We are a leading manufacturer of Medical Equipment with 5 manufacturing facilities employing over 500 people across North America. Amico is dedicated to developing and manufacturing the most advanced medical equipment for the global Health Care Industry. We offer many opportunities for advancement within the Amico Group of Companies, along with a comprehensive benefit package, and employer paid vacation.
Our mission is to provide state-of-the art products that facilitate the caregiver’s role in providing the best outcomes for patients. Amico Corporation is a manufacturer and markets a broad range of products for virtually every department in the health care facility.
We are seeking a qualified CAD technician to design and develop according to the needs of customer and code requirements. This individual will have a passion to learn our innovative products and apply his/her knowledge to design hospital rooms.
Under the supervision of the Senior Project manager, the CAD technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities group including preparing/updating drawings for projects, preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings, and establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management. Other duties to be performed as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education or Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design Software (required)
- Proficient in 2D Modeling Software
- Experienced at creating technical drawings and assembly instructions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings, and more complex drawings
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes for manufacturing / assembly floor to ensure consistent documentation of the project
- Confidence in 2D drawing production in AutoCAD
- Work with the project from conceptual and preliminary stages of design through to completion
- Assist with design checks for other engineers’ work (portions of projects)
- Ensure construction plans, drawings and specs meet guidelines and specifications of codes and other regulations
- Review shop drawings
- Ability to think abstractly and solve problems creatively
- The 3D CAD Technician must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail
- Working knowledge of design, engineering and production
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Include Salary expectations and earliest availability. Include link to any online portfolio/work samples if applicable.
This is an entry level position.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com